RESEARCH DESIGN & SUGGESTED TOPICS
The surveys will be conducted online, by The Wayman Group, Inc., using email addresses provided by Client directory. Shown below are the suggested survey topics and sales benefits.
- Usage and involvement with Client Directory: (Suggested questions include; user loyalty - # of years using, # of times user refers back to the directory, pass along audience, shelf life, user involvement - actions taken as a result of seeing ads in the directory, reasons for using directory, and usage of the directory online, if available). This section will point out the user quality of the Client Directory to potential advertisers. Sales benefit: Users spend quality time with Client Directory, which means increased exposure to advertisements.
- Competitive directories: (Suggested questions include; usage of competitive directories, which one directory best delivers specific criteria). This section will uncover the Client Directories’ advantages over its competition. Sales benefit: Survey results will confirm Client Directory is #1 in the industry.
- Role in making purchase decisions: (Suggested questions include; involvement in decision-making by product/service, # of people involved in making purchase decisions (buying team)). This section will highlight the buying power and decision-making authority of Directory users. Sales benefit: Survey results will confirm that users of the Client’s Directory buy advertiser’s products, thus, advertisers should continue to place their ads in the Client’s Directory.
- Additional classification questions: (type of organization, job function, etc.)
Deliverables include: assistance in questionnaire design (up to 25 close-ended questions), programming of survey questionnaire online, two email blasts of survey, hosting the survey online, data collection and tabulation, analysis of survey results, and research report including an executive summary and graphic depiction of survey results. Three bound copies of the research report will be provided.
(The Wayman Group, Inc. “Directory Profile & Preference Study” research proposal, continued)
ADDITIONAL SALES PROMOTION DELIVERABLES
- Up to 10 targeted Sell Sheets, profiling respondents by product involvement and user quality information. All relevant information is shown on a single page,making it user-friendly, easy to sell with, email, or place in the media kit.
- Paired directory comparisons by selling attributes (compares respondents who receive both Client Directory and its competitor on specific directory criteria). Only respondents who receive both directories are included in this analysis. Therefore, the comparison rules out any sample bias, thus adding credibility to survey results.
One month from initial email blast to delivery of final report.
ABOUT THE WAYMAN GROUP, INC.
The Wayman Group, Inc. specializes in developing marketing research and sales promotion programs to help salespeople sell advertising and exhibit space, thereby increasing revenue. Most importantly, The Wayman Group helps publications, tradeshows, and directories complete research studies and promotional materials on deadline, enabling salespeople to begin the selling cycle immediately.
Sheldon Wayman, president, has been involved with marketing research and sales promotion development for 26 years. With a unique ability to turn marketing research into promotional tools, he’s worked with hundreds of publication salespeople, teaching them creative techniques in selling advertising.
Directed by Sheldon Wayman, The Wayman Group, Inc. develops and provides a full range of services that help management make strategic decisions on time, on target, and on budget. Our customized programs utilize the most efficient methodologies including; online research, telephone interviewing, face-to-face interviewing, mail surveys, portable survey units at tradeshows, and instant polling audience response systems. We pride ourselves on delivering research results in easy-to-read packages that clients can use immediately and incorporate into sales campaigns.